What's On My 2017 Travel List
Two years ago, I never would have expected to start a new year with a travel list. And then actually go ahead and fulfill that list.
My husband Josh and I have been blessed with the incredible opportunity to live in Europe for a few years, and travel has become a huge part of our lives. I'm not really into New Year's Resolutions, but this year I'm determined to write more, spend more time adventuring in the wilderness, and keep traveling no matter what the world throws our way.
Here's what's on my travel list, planned and unplanned, for 2017:
• Hiking Hadrian's Wall in northern England. This trip is planned for sometime in May.
• Morocco. This trip is in the works for March, and it will be my first time on the continent of Africa!
• Ireland. My husband Josh and I have been itching to see the Emerald Isle for ages, and I think this will be the year.
• Sweden. You know how most Americans have this weird obsession with our heritage? I'm dreaming of visiting the homeland of my Swedish great-great-great-grandparents.
• Scotland. We're also itching to get to the Highlands... and because I'm a huge nerd, to visit the Harry Potter sites around Edinburgh.
• Portugal. Working on a surf trip with my adrenaline junky friends.
• Adventures around the Alps. Whether it's backpacking in Austria, camping in Switzerland, or rock climbing in Germany, the Alps are just a few hours' drive from our town, and we're ready to spend some long weekends in the wild.
Dream big, friends. Amazing things can happen with an open mind, trust in the Lord, and scouring the internet for the best ticket prices.